Thursday, August 06, 2015

{ Impression Obsession DT challenge – Fall Colors }

Hi and welcome to our  Impression Obsession challenge – Fall Colors.

Hello and happy Thursday. It’s that time again, Impression Obsession DT challenge. Today I am sharing a card that I created with brand NEW stamps from Impression Obsession. This is from our Fall/Winter 2015 release. It’s will be 106 today here in Texas and it doesn’t feel like fall, but it was fun creating with these fall colors.

Here is my card.

Thank you by Daniela Dobson

I have these watercolors in tubes that I got at Michaels. I added two colors, orange and yellow and used my pallete knife to spread the color down the front of the card. Then I added brown and did the same thing. The color in the tubes is pretty dry and I didn’t add water so it was great consistency for spreading the color. I muted the colors just a bit by adding white Gesso over the top.

I stamped the diamond border on the bottom with ink. The Instant Photo Frame is die cut from patterned paper. I stamped and fussy cut all the other elements. I splattered yellow and orange color shine at the end after I added the sequins and the twine bow.

Thank you close by Daniela Dobson

Impression Obsession stamps and dies:

J16135 Fancy Leaf Stem
D13386 Thank you
D9774 Burlap Tag
CL601 Grunge Building Borders
DIE-175W Instant Photo Frame


Why don’t you come along and play with us. To enter the challenge go to the Impression Obsession Blog (all the details are there!).  Create a new project using  Impression Obsession stamps and post it on Impression Obsession Blog between August 6 – August 12. A winner will be chosen randomly to win a $25 gift certificate to the Impression Obsession store.

Make sure you check out what the rest of our DT created.

I hope you play along.

Impression Obsession Blog
Anna Wight
Daniela Dobson ----> you are here
Dina Kowal
Ellen Taylor
Jeanne Streiff
Jenny Gropp
Karen Amidon
Kittie Caracciolo
Laura Fulcher
Vicki Garrett

10 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card! I love the soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the use of the tube paints on the background..nice idea. The colors you used are so nice. A lovely fall card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was cleaning up and they were right on the table so I thought I would give them a try. First time using them, too.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! Love the background so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I just used an old credit card to swipe the color down and white gesso to swipe color left to right.

      Delete
  4. Daniela, this card is just stunning! I adore the fall colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was really unsure about the colors.

      Delete
  5. I love the texture in your card, is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your wonderful comments.