Thursday, September 04, 2014

{ Impression Obsession DT challenge–Beautiful Stamped Backgrounds }

Hi and welcome to our  Impression Obsession challenge – Beautiful stamped backgrounds!

Our challenge starts today, September 4, and continues to the following Wednesday evening, September 10, at 10 PM.

Create a new project using  Impression Obsession stamps and post it on Impression Obsession Blog, between September 4 - 10. A winner will be chosen randomly to win a $25 gift certificate to the Impression Obsession store.

Here is my card.

While I was thinking about what to do for this challenge I remembered this awesome Cover-a-card background stamp called Cover-a-Card Ornate Floral.

Thanks so much by Daniela Dobson

I wasn’t sure how it was going to look stamped in black ink, but I was going to give it a try.

Thanks so much background by Daniela Dobson

I colored the white parts with my watercolor paints.

Watercolor background by Daniela Dobson

For the sentiment, I used one of the brand new dies Greetings Top Edgers. I die cut it from black glitter paper. I layered it over a piece of white cardstock covered with washi tape. As a final touch I added enamel dots to the flowers.
What do you think?

Thanks so much close by Daniela Dobson

Greetings Top Edgers  Cover-a-Card Ornate Floral


That is all from me. Make sure you check out what the rest of our DT created.

I hope you play along.

Impression Obsession Blog
Anna Wight
Daniela Dobson -------> you are here
Dina Kowal
Ellen Taylor
Jeanne Streiff
Jenny Gropp
Karen Amidon
Kittie Caracciolo
Laura Fulcher


I used colors from Color Throwdown # 308 as my inspiration.

13 comments:

  1. wow, this is stunning! I love the colors you used to color this image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card! Love the colors you used and just how unique your background stamp is - BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your background is beautiful. Wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:05 PM

    Beautiful coloring! I think water coloring is so relaxing and fun. You did a spectacular job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea and it turned out beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I have this background stamp too. Love what you did with it and how you paired with the the glittery diecut and washi. Great job! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, a very impressive card, with a lot of color. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card Daniela. Love the pretty image in black with the touch of colors. The candy dots look great in the middle of the flowers. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a beautiful image but I'm most impressed by the full coverage on every bit of it! Your painting is also flawless with gorgeous colors. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is sooo pretty and classy looking...love how you colored the white areas!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! This is SO crazy awesome! LOVE every bit of this!!! Thanks for joining us at The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Love how you added bold pops of color to that intricate background stamp. Thanks for joining us at The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous as always! Love that background stamp.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your wonderful comments.