Thursday, October 03, 2013

{ Impression Obsession DT challenge–Colors of Fall }

Hi and welcome to our  Impression Obsession challenge – Color of Fall.

Our challenge starts today, October 3, and continues to the following Wednesday evening, October 9, at 10 PM.

Create a new project using  Impression Obsession stamps and post it on Impression Obsession Blog, between October 3 - 9. A winner will be chosen randomly to win a $25 gift certificate to the Impression Obsession store.

Here is my card.

Thanks by Daniela Dobson

I remembered I had this wonderful tree that you can add leaves to it!!! It is older and I had it for years (5+). It is called Branches of the tree. I love it because you can make it any season that you want and I wanted to use it for this project.

I gathered some supplies that I wanted to use and it went from there. There are some stamps on here that I didn’t use. I have this little box on my desk, that I mentioned before, with little bits and pieces and that is where I got everything for the card. Except the ribbon and twine. 

e41e0f002b8811e39a5822000a9f15d4_8

Here is a close up. I forgot to take a photo of the tag (sorry). I stamped the chevron on the top and on the left side it has triangles in brown ink from Numbers set. If you haven’t seen it yet go and check it out, click on the link in the supplies. It is designed by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer.

How cute is that deer? I added some 3D Foam Squares from Therm O Web. The sentiment I used says “many Thanks”, but when I was cutting it out, I didn’t like the way it looked, so I left it off. For my background I started with CAC Scratches in orange, then added CAC Graph Paper in brown and a touch of CAC Thin Chevron in green. I should have made a video. It is really simple and fast.

Thanks close by Daniela Dobson

That is all from me. Make sure you check out what the rest of our DT created. I hope you play along.

IO Blog
Daniela Dobson -------> you are here
Dina Kowal
Ellen Taylor
Jeanne Streiff
Jenny Gropp
Kittie Caracciolo
Laura Fulcher
Vicki Garrett

Make sure you follow Impression Obsession:
Twitter
Pinterest
Facebook


Supplies:

 

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! I wouldn't have believed that all those elements would work so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love the way you cut out the sentiment! Great background too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally lovely, so Fall, and wow! As always!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. weather simple or fast, it a beautiful card, with lots of texture. I like the idea of using what you have, an seeing a totally new creation. ....well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the layered background with CACs ! Great design too with lots of details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...beautifully done!!! So much gorgeous detail...and love that gingham ribbon, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful!!! I got my idea for my tag from you but, unfortunately for me, the talent didn't come with that idea! :) Love this so much!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your wonderful comments.