Saturday, August 24, 2013

{ Free Cut Friday and a catch up post }

I know today is Saturday, but my plan for yesterday did not work out.

We got back from our family trip to Croatia on Wednesday. Alex starts Kindergarten on Monday, and he got to meet his teacher Thursday night. There will be lots of crying Monday morning.

Alex and his teacher

The supplies I took with me to scrapbook, on the plane, and while there, did not happen. If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter, I posted this photo. I didn’t touch a single item while I was there. There was not enough time. We stayed up late and slept in. Our days were filled with visiting family, eating, and drinking. Alex played with his 6 cousins.

Travel album kit supplies Daniela Dobson

I did use my Instax. It was definitively trial and error, just like I read. Most of the photos turned out great, others did not. They were dark or overexposed, and you do not take close ups with the Instax.

My Istax Daniela Dobson


Now, for the Free Cut Friday. I created these two cards and they are up on The Scrap Review blog for download or you can download the file by clicking on the photo. These are perfect for project life pockets.

Love cards by Daniela Dobson

***These Silhouette Studio files are created by me, and are for personal use only. If you use my designs, please give proper credit and link back to my blog and/or original file.***


My back to school project I created for Therm O Web uses another Silhouette cut file I created in Silhouette Studio. You can find a step by step tutorial with photos on Therm O Web blog. I used a perfect stamp set called I Love School by Ali Edwards from Technique Tuesday. The stars and the banner are from Seal Companion – Star by Technique Tuesday.

Back to school by Daniela Dobson

Back to school close by Daniela Dobson

Click on the image to download the free file. Let me know if you have any questions. The apple card has three parts. Base (white), folding card (blue) and inner layer (yellow).

Apple card by Daniela Dobson

***These Silhouette Studio files are created by me, and are for personal use only. If you use my designs, please give proper credit and link back to my blog and/or original file.***


 I have lots more to share, but I will save that for next time. Have a great Saturday.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great trip! Thanks so much for the files!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your trip was great, it is so important to spend that time with family. Thanks for the cute files.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This apple file would be great to use for a teacher's gift but also perhaps, a get well card..."An Apple a day, Keeps the Doctor Away!" Thank you, Daniela!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like FUN Daniela! GREAT cuts too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for both of the cut files, I am late making my rounds this week! I love your projects and such a sweet picture!!! I really like your apple project and the papers you layered!
    Hugs, antonella :-)
    P.S. I will mention your freebie on my blog with my post for Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the goodies!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your wonderful comments.