Thursday, February 21, 2013

{ Impression Obsession DT challenge–what is your hobby }

Hi and welcome to our  Impression Obsession challenge – what is your hobby.
Our challenge starts today, February 21, and continues to the following Wednesday evening, February 27, at 10 PM.
Create a new card using  Impression Obsession stamps and post it on Impression Obsession Blog, between February 21-27. A winner will be chosen randomly to win a $25 gift certificate to the Impression Obsession store.
I have too many hobbies to count, but I wanted to create a page about my new hobby – knitting. I taught myself how to knit, from a book, on our way to Arizona last November.
Here is my layout.
New hobby by Daniela Dobson
I printed two Instagram photos. They are 2.5” and fit perfectly in the frame from Picture Frames CL430 stamp set. I used Herringbone background stamp under the photos. After I inked the stamp I wiped off the edges so I don’t get that sharp, straight edge look. The date is from Months stamp set.
New hobby close 2 by Daniela Dobson
If you love arrows, like me, you will love Arrows CL461 stamp set. If you follow my blog and have a Silhouette Cameo, you might remember these arrows I designed. Well, those arrows are stamps today, thanks to Mitra and Impression Obsession. There are plenty to choose from.
I used You Are Amazing CL424 stamp set to stamp “be yourself” repeatedly down the page. The little hearts are our new Heart Stem Die. Love!!! I added some triangles and a chevron circle from Chevrons CS460 stamp set, that I designed, as well. I added sequins and some color shine across the page.
***Don’t forget to visit our DT for more inspiration***
Daniela ----> you are here
Dina
Jeanne
Kittie
Laura
Vicki
Julie
Jenny
Make sure you follow Impression Obsession:Twitter
Pinterest
Facebook

Supplies:










7 comments:

  1. Love to see a layout with IO stamps, it gives me ideas. The Heart stems die-cut is gorgeous too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great LO ! Love the way you softened the background stamp edges, that's a brilliant idea. This LO has so many lovely details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this is FANTASTIC!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome.. seriously, what a great page to show off a new hobby, I too wish to learn to knit and crochet.. they're both on my "one day" list! TFS, have a great and fantastic day :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stopping by to say thank you SOOO much for your freebie Silhouette files. I only recently got mine so your files are a very welcome addition. I can't wait to make stuff with them and to link back to you of course. I found you via Pinterest. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:36 PM

    Wonderful page !! Love the inked backround!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:36 PM

    Wonderful page !! Love the inked backround!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your wonderful comments.