Wednesday, January 20, 2010

{ Impression Obsession DT challenge - Shaped card, Project 365 - week 50 }

Shaped card = anything but rectangle! I don't make many of these because a rectangle is so much easier, but I love this one. I will make more shaped cards from now on. I used CPS #150 for this card.
Can you tell I had fun with this one? I am in love with NEW background stamps from Impression Obsession, especially the Wood Grain (CC034). I sprayed my Wood Grain rubber stamp with Sea Foam Shimmerz Spritz to get this impression. The little house is from New Home (CL187) clear stamp set...another one of my favorites. I just love little houses. I used Stars & Stripes Pennants (G2315) rubber stamp for my "banner". These little pennants are so popular. I stamped and cut out the letters for "home" with Typewriter stamp set.

I used October Afternoon and Cosmo Cricket patterned paper, Making Memories flower and Granny's Doily Journaling Tag from Elle's Studio. The frame card shape is from The Cutting Cafe'.

I hope you'll take the time to visit the other designers' blogs for inspiration! Laura, Dina, Jeanne, Jenny, Kathy, Julie, Deborah, Kelli, Rosemary and Shirley.

***Would you like to see your card featured on the Impression Obsession blog? Email your challenge cards using Impression Obsession images to Shirley. Every week, cards will be selected to showcase on the Impression Obsession blog!!! You have until midnight this Saturday to enter your non-rectangular card. A random winner will be selected from the submissions to receive a $25 Impression Obsession gift certificate! You can find all the info HERE.

Project 365 - week 50.

12.7 - playing music...notice the Halloween shirt?

12.8 - taking a photo of the first ornament he put on the tree.

12.9 - decorating the tree.

12.10 - posing for Christmas card photo.

12.11 - trying daddy's shoes.

12.12 - rolling around.

12.13 - my clean scapbook room, finally. More photos here.

13 comments:

  1. Love love love it! So many fun elements. And genius to spray the background stamp with Shimmerz Spritz...I'll have to try that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun Daniela! I love the banner element and all the other little extras you added -- way cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card on SO many levels!!! It's truly fantastic!! I love the banner!!! Love the photos of Alex. Can't believe how fast he's growing up!! He's the cutest!!!!! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Daniela...and your scrap space is neater than mine EVER is!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun, Daniela! and how creative, right down to your wood panel background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely love your spritzed background....what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow your scrapbook room is like a dream!!!

    Cute card too, as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. could he be any sweeter? i love love your card, to cute! just so many great details on one card, amaZing!

    i saw your post about preorders. i know a place starting to get them together now..i am posting on my blog tonight or tom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Very cool! I'm off to check out your scrap room! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so creative-- I admire how you mix and match things and they look amazing. You really have a great eye for seeing how to arrange and combine elements!!! Love this! And Alex is always a treat to see!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. Stopped to by tell ya I saw your summer 09 mini published. Great job.
    Hey I'd buy something like that. Wish you'd include finished items in you etsy store.
    Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun card! I love the shape and that background is too cool! hmmmm, just wondering if that would work with my glimmer mist! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome card! Love the photos!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your wonderful comments.