Saturday, November 03, 2007

{ Favorite recipe }

Do you have one? I love to cook and bake, especially this time of the year. I posted a challenge over at Creative Xpress along with my blog pick of the week. My pick was Megan, she has such beautiful creations on her blog, so make sure you check it out. The challenge was to share your favorite recipe.

APPLE PIE
1 (15-oz) pkg. Pillsbury All Ready Pie Crust (or make your own)
FILLING
6 cups (6 medium) thinly sliced peeled apples - I use Golden Delicious, they are sweet, semi firm
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons margarine or butter
Prepare pie crust according to package directions using 9-inch pie pan.
Heat oven to 350 F. In large bowl, combine apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt; toss lightly. Spoon mixture into pastry-lined pan. Dot with 2 tablespoons butter.
Bake at 350 F for 50-55 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown. Cover edges of crust with strips of foil after 15 to 20 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning.
This recipe came from Down-Home Cooking and Baking coobook magazine (Classic Pillsbury Cookbooks). It is from November 1993, wow, that is long time ago. I remember I made this pie when I still lived in Wichita Falls while I was in Nursing school. The original recipe is made with a top pie crust and a Praline topping. I like my version better. I have been making this apple pie for a very long time. I am surprised I still have the little book.

I made it the other day and I like to sever it with Vanilla Bean ice cream, and I like my apple pie cold. Enjoy!!!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:26 PM

    That looks delicious! Nothing like pie for dessert...Yum!
    Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks good Daniela- but I must confess that I only like apple pie for breakfast-it tastes so good with a side of sausage(I know I am sick!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yummy! Thanks for the recipe! I copied it down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks mouth watering and scrumptious! I love apple pie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SOOO yummy! I'm going to have to go to the store and buy some apples!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your wonderful comments.